Have you ever wondered how to view blocked messages on iPhone? This is a common concern when you suspect that important messages may be hidden in a blocked folder on your iPhone. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to uncover those hidden messages, ensuring you never miss important conversations. So, let’s delve deeper and learn how to access those blocked messages easily!
How To View Blocked Messages On iPhone
Whether you’ve accidentally blocked someone or you need to review a blocked contact’s messages, we show you how to check your iPhone’s blocked messages. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Settings: First things first, unlock your iPhone and find the “Settings” app. It usually looks like a gear icon. Tap it to get started.
2. Find “Blocked Contacts”: Now, within the “Settings,” scroll down a bit and look for “Messages”. Give it a tap to dive into the messaging settings. Here you will find “Blocked”, tap on it.
3. Unblock a Contact: If you want to unblock someone specific, tap the “Edit” button in the upper right-hand corner. Then, find the name of the person you want to unblock and press the red minus (-) button next to it. A confirmation will pop up—just hit “Unblock”.
4. Viewing Blocked Messages: Once you’ve unblocked the contact, any messages they previously sent and got blocked will magically reappear in your chat history. Neat, right?
5. Reviewing Message Requests (Optional): For messages from unknown contacts that got blocked, you can check them out in the “Requests” folder within your Messages app.
So, there you go! With these simple steps, you’ll be able to view your blocked messages effortlessly, giving you control over your messaging experience and easy access to important conversations.
Do you need to send yourself a quick note or reminder on iMessage using your iPhone? To help you out we have an easy tutorial on How to Text Yourself in iMessage on iPhone.
How To See Blocked Messages On iPhone Using iCloud Backup?
Many people are interested in viewing messages from blocked contacts on their iPhones. Luckily, you can access these messages if you’ve backed up your device to iCloud. Let me show you the steps to access those messages.
1. Access iCloud Settings: To get started, open your iPhone’s “Settings” app. Then, tap your name at the top to access your Apple ID settings. From there, scroll down and select “iCloud”.
2. Backup and Restore: In iCloud Settings, look for “iCloud Backup”. Make sure your iPhone is set to automatically back up to iCloud. If it’s not, you can tap “Back Up Now” to create a recent backup.
3. Factory reset: After completing the backup, return to the main “Settings” menu. Go to “General” and select “Reset”. From the options presented, select “Erase all content and settings”. Confirm the reset and wait for your iPhone to erase data and restart.
4. Restore from iCloud backup: Once your iPhone restarts, follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen. Here, select “Restore from iCloud Backup” and sign in with your Apple ID. Choose the latest backup that contains the blocked messages and wait for the restore process to finish.
5. View blocked messages: Once the restore is complete, messages from blocked contacts will be restored to your iPhone. Open the iMessage app, and you’ll find previously blocked messages in your chat history.
These steps will help you recover blocked messages on your iPhone via iCloud backup restore. Keep in mind that this process will overwrite your current data with the backup, so make sure you have backed up any recent information before proceeding.
How To See Blocked Numbers On iPhone In The iMessage?
It’s easy to block unwanted contacts on your iPhone, but what if you need to review or unblock them later? Follow the steps below to learn how to see blocked numbers in the iMessage app on your iPhone.
1. Access Blocked Contacts List: Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone, scroll down, and tap on “Messages”. Under the “Under SMS/MMS” section, select “Blocked Contacts”.
2. View Blocked Numbers: You’ll find a list of all the numbers and contacts you’ve blocked. Simply tap on any blocked number to view its details, including the option to unblock it.
3. Unblocking a Number: To unblock a number, tap “Edit” in the top-right corner, then tap the red minus button next to the blocked number, and finally, tap “Unblock”.
Now you can effortlessly manage and review the blocked numbers in your iPhone’s iMessage app.
Are you interested in playing poker directly from your iMessage app? Check out our guide on How to play poker on iMessage and increase your card game skills.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages With iTunes Backup?
Did you accidentally delete important text messages from your iPhone? This is a common accident, but you can rely on iTunes backup to help you recover those beloved messages.
1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone: Start by opening iTunes on your computer. Then, connect your iPhone using the USB cable. Make sure iTunes recognizes your device.
2. Select your device and restore the backup: Once your iPhone is connected, you’ll see its icon in iTunes. Click on your device to select it. Now, go to the “Summary” tab. Under the “Backup” section, look for “Restore Backup” and click on it.
3. Select the relevant iTunes backup: A list of available backups will pop up. Carefully select the one that contains the text messages you want to recover. Click “Restore” to start the restore process.
4. Wait for the process to complete: iTunes will now begin to restore your chosen backup, including the deleted text messages. Please be patient and avoid disconnecting your iPhone during this time.
5. Check your recovered text messages: Once the restore is complete, your iPhone will restart. Go ahead and check your iMessage app to see if your deleted text messages magically reappear.
iTunes backup can be a saving grace for you when it comes to recovering deleted text messages from your iPhone. Just remember, regular backups are your best friend to prevent future data loss.
How To Unblock Blocked Messages On iPhone?
Unblocking messages on your iPhone is very easy, ensuring you never miss important conversations. Here are the steps to unblock messages in short point format on your iPhone:
1. Access Settings: Begin by launching the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to Messages: Scroll down and select the “Messages” option from the menu.
3. Find Blocked Contacts: Find and tap on “Blocked Contacts”. You’ll find it easily in this section.
4. Choose the Contact: Within this list, identify and select the contact you wish to unblock.
5. Edit the List: Tap “Edit” at the top-right corner of the screen, granting you access to manage your blocked list.
6. Confirm Unblock: Once in edit mode, locate the “Unblock” option next to the contact you’ve chosen. A simple tap on it will restore communication with them.
Alternatively, you can do this directly from your iMessage app. Open a conversation with a blocked contact, tap their name at the top, scroll down to “Info” and you’ll see the option “Unblock this caller”. Now, you are all set to reconnect in a hassle-free manner. Keep those lines of communication open!
If you’re curious about whether you’ve been blocked on iPhone, but you don’t want to pick up the phone and make a call, we have the answers you need. For more details read How To Tell If You’re Blocked On iPhone Without Calling.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I see my blocked messages on my iPhone?
To see blocked messages on your iPhone, open the iMessage app, tap “Edit” in the top-left corner, select the blocked message, and then tap “Unblock”. Blocked messages will then appear in your regular message list.
Why can’t I see blocked messages on my iPhone?
Blocked messages are stored in a separate folder. To access them, go to Settings > Messages > Blocked Contacts, and you’ll find your blocked messages there.
Can I retrieve deleted blocked messages on my iPhone?
Unfortunately, once you delete blocked messages on your iPhone, they can’t be retrieved, so it’s important to be cautious when deleting messages.
How do I block spam messages on my iPhone?
To block spam messages, open the iMessage app, tap “Contact” at the top, and choose “Block this Caller”. Additionally, you can enable the “Filter Unknown Senders” option in Settings > Messages to filter out spam.
How to unblock multiple contacts at once on iPhone?
Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn’t offer a feature to unblock multiple contacts simultaneously. You’ll need to unblock them one by one in your Blocked Contacts list.
How to Unblock Someone on Your Contact List
To unblock someone from your contact list, open iPhone Settings, go to Messages, tap Blocked Contacts, select the contact to unblock, tap Edit, then click Unblock.
Will the sender know I’ve blocked them on my iPhone?
The sender won’t receive any notification that they’ve been blocked, but they may notice that their messages aren’t getting through to you, as their messages are silently delivered to the Blocked Contacts folder.
Unlocking blocked messages on iPhone requires a mix of patience and technical know-how. Use the “Unknown Senders” feature and delve deeper into your message settings, always taking precautions to protect your privacy. Remember, communication is a two-way street, and while it is important to respect boundaries, it is equally important to ensure that you receive all relevant messages.
If you’ve found this article on How To View Blocked Messages On iPhone helpful, please consider sharing it with your friends. Thank you for taking the time to read it till the end.